for your interest in becoming a member of our church!
Please take a moment to review the following information regarding eligibility and expectations for membership.
You’ll note the application form includes spaces for the names of two church members who can recommend you for membership. Once your application is received, the next step is an informal interview with our Membership team. The goal is to get to know you, share helpful information regarding our activities, and answer any questions you might have.
Eligibility for Membership
We welcome applications from individuals who…
- Are a sincere seeker of Truth.
- Believe in, study, and endeavor to live the teachings of Christian Science as presented in the Bible and our textbook, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, and strive to be a healer. [Click HERE for the Tenets of Christian Science.]
- Have attended our branch church for at least 6 months, unless transferring from another Christian Science branch church. Applicants may not be members of any other church except The Mother Church.
- Are at least 12 years of age; minors must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
Expectations of Members
We ask that members commit to:
- Regular study of the Bible and the writings of Mary Baker Eddy to spiritualize thought.
- Prayerful support of our church and all aspects of its healing mission.
- Strive to consistently practice Jesus’ two great Commandments: loving God whole-heartedly; and loving our neighbor as ourselves.
- Regular participation in church services, business meetings and committee work.
- Contribute financially to the church even when unable to attend.
- Support each other’s spiritual progress and healing practice by seeing each other as God’s children.